4x Award Document Set - Inf.Rgt. 97 & Gren.Rgt. 978 - Krim/Falaise Pocket
Nice document grouping to Unteroffizier Johann Brey of Infanterie Regiment 97 and after that Grenadier Regiment 978. Both part of the 46th and 271st Infantry Divisions. Brey and the 46th and 271st Infantry Divisions took part in multiple notable campaigns:
46th Infantry Division
- The Capture of the Krim 1941/42
271st Infantry Division
- Normandy and the Falaise Pocket 1944 (where the division got destroyed)
The grouping consists of 4 award documents in DIN-A5 size:
- Iron Cross 2nd Class - 15 October 1941 - Signed by Generalleutnant Kurt Himer commander of the 46th Infantry Division (holder of the German Cross in Gold).
- Silver Infantry Assault Badge - 27 January 1942 - Signed by the Oberstleutnant and commander of Infanterie Regiment 97.
- East Front Medal - 10 December 1943 - Signed by a Major.
- War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords - 1 September 1944 - Signed by Generalleutnant Paul Danhauser commander of the 271st Infantry Division (holder of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross)
Excellent interesting grouping. Deserves some further research to it. No repairs, no damage.